The Board meets 5 times a year, 4 main meetings and one to approve the Budget. Quorum is half the membership plus one. Minutes, agendas and items for pre-reading will be uploaded to our LGfL secure site, myDrive at least 7 days in advance.
Each committee will comprise up to 9 governors and if appropriate associate members will be recruited to provide specific expertise or skills.
Quorum: the quorum for each Committee meeting is 5 governors, including the headteacher. The meeting will not take place unless the headteacher/their representative is present.
Meetings: each committee will meet at least once a term, ideally before the full Board of Governors Meeting, with other meetings arranged where needed. Sub-Committees usually meet once a year.
The Admissions Sub-Committee should comprise 4 governors , with a quorum of 3 governors, the fourth to act as reserve in case of absence, or conflict of interest, of one of the other governors.
The Pay Sub-Committee should comprise up to 5 governors with a quorum of 3 governors. One of the members (other than the HT) should also sit on the Resources Committee.
Responsibilities: all committees have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that all actions are in the best interests of the children and maintain the highest level of Safeguarding.
- Keep their Terms of Reference under review
- Receive and consider information or reports from stakeholders relating to any matters that fall within the Terms of Reference
- Report to the Full Board Meeting
- Committee Chairs (working alongside the Clerk, if appropriate) must ensure that agendas, minutes and any pre-reading is uploaded to myDrive at least 7 days in advance of any meeting
- Consider recommendations from relevant external reviews, e.g. Audit, Ofsted, SIAMS, Local Authority or SDBE reviews; to agree the actions needed to address any issues identified and to monitor and regularly evaluate the implementation of any agreed plan, reporting or making recommendations to the Board of Governors.
- Keep in mind the school’s Christian ethos and values and the Governors Code of Conduct
- Consider the views of pupils when making strategic decisions that will impact on them
- Consider the impact on equality: referencing the protected characteristics when making recommendations and when reviewing or drafting policy.
- Ensure that the Resources Committee is apprised of the financial implications of any decisions before they are implemented.
- To carry out any other reasonable and appropriate duties at the request of the Board of Governors.