Welcome to Y4 - Vole!
The Y4 class teacher is Mr Soame and he is assisted by Mrs Mathew, Mrs Goodwin and Mr Choomsaeng.
Please see below for the skills covered in Year 4 and the topic web
- Homework will be given out on a Friday and due in the following Thursday.
- Children will usually be given 3 pieces of homework, each should not take longer than 20 minutes to complete.
- Please also make sure you are reading with your child at least 4 times per week. Reading diaries will be checked every Friday. For reviews, book suggestions and resources see http://www.literacytrust.org.uk and http://www.lovereading4kids.co.uk. Children may borrow books from our class or school library. Please ensure that a reading book and reading diary is brought into school every day.
- Please ensure that you are practising spellings, times tables and numeracy vocabulary - little and often is best!
Clothing and Sports
- Please make sure that all school uniform and PE kit is clearly labelled.
- For outdoor PE, children are permitted to wear laced trainers.
- P.E. kit will be kept in school and sent home at the end of every half term.
- Swimming kit must be in school each Wednesday during the Autumn and Summer terms (unless otherwise notified). NB Please note that the school policy is that if your child is well enough to be in school, they are well enough to swim! They must also bring a swimming hat and goggles.
- Please encourage your child to bring a named water bottle to school every day.
- Please remind your child to bring a coat every day in the winter months (and on school trip days).
- Please let the school and the year group teacher know if your child has any condition requiring medication, including allergies or asthma.
Have you seen the Kids' Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.