Welcome to Y2 - Mole!
Welcome to the Year 2 Class Page
The Y2 class teacher is Miss Schicht and is assisted by Mrs Ricks.
Below you will find a document with the list of skills covered in Y2 and also the topic web.
- Homework will be set on Purple Mash on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday.
- Children will usually be given 2 or 3 pieces of homework, each should not take longer than 20 minutes to complete. Homework will usually consist of spellings, one piece of literacy, one piece of maths. The homework may also be topic based.
- Please also make sure you are reading with your child every day. It is just as important for your to read with your child as well as listen to them read to you. For reviews, book suggestions and resources see http://www.literacytrust.org.uk and http://www.lovereading4kids.co.uk. Children may borrow books from our class or school library. Please ensure that a reading book and reading diary is brought into school every day.
- Please ensure that your child bring their reading folder to school with them every day.
- Please ensure that you are practising times tables and number bonds - little and often is best!
Clothing and Sports
- Please make sure that all school uniform and PE kit is clearly labelled.
- P.E. kits are kept in school and will be sent home at the end of each half term.
- Encourage your child to bring a named water bottle to school every day.
- Remind your child to bring a coat every day in the winter months (and on school trip days).
- Please let the school and the year group teacher know if your child has any condition requiring medication, including allergies or asthma.